2.24.2008

Three days grace


S0224STATE62.JPG, originally uploaded by ©JL.

Shot the 2008 CHSAA State Wrestling Tournament at the Pepsi Center in Denver the last three days. It's always a challenge to shoot dozens of athletes from a paper's coverage area. With eight to ten matches going at the same time you are guaranteed to miss one or five kids.

This was the second year of shooting the tournament and I finally think I figured out how to really cover the event this time. I wasn't able to incorporate much of that into my coverage this year though. Learned that I should shoot from a new vantage point, take a few more chances with the action, make more time for the sideline features and talk with the sports desk earlier about when deadline is instead of making them sweat every night.

Here's a few links to the three different galleries I managed to build each night.

Finals Night
Semifinals Night
Preliminaries

No comments: